CAREERS AT AXIOM
IT Support Technician – posted November 9, 2022
We are seeking an IT Support Technician for a small consulting company based in Tigard, Oregon. This position is working directly for an IT solution provider with numerous small business clients. If you enjoy working in an independent position with a collaborative and solution-oriented approach, then this position is for you. This can be up to a full time position with a very strong potential for additional responsibilities and compensation.
The qualifications a potential hire should have for this position are:
An understanding of computer function, troubleshooting, and basic networking is absolutely essential. Almost all our clients utilize Dell PC hardware, Microsoft software/cloud, and Cisco Meraki networking-based solutions as the core foundations for their networks.
- A solution oriented and ambitious self-starter who takes genuine pride in the quality of their work is also essential for this position.
- An individual with confident communication, documentation, and organization skills
- A dynamic and team-based mentality for IT issue resolution with the goal of the most efficient response times possible
- Ability to reactively analyze, research, collaborate, and communicate solutions effectively to client end users.
- A genuine interest in technology to initiate proactive IT research, testing new technology, and IT continuing development when not working directly with clients.
- The ability to work one weekend evening each month for client server/network patching
- The ability to work other evenings and/or weekends on some infrequent occasions for project and migration tasks
- This position will likely require driving for site visits, so you need to have a driver’s license in good standing and access to a dependable vehicle.
Other positional duties would include:
- Answering a mostly light duty office phone with our valued clients calling with IT issues.
- Reviewing support system tickets and reports; identifying possible issues to follow up on.
- Providing research and summaries on requested projects from management
- General clean up and organization of office technology and inventory
- IT related errands (pick up parts, computer from vendors/clients, IT recycling/disposal).
Axiom offers Health, Dental, Vision, and AD&D coverages as well as a matching retirement plan. We would provide all IT equipment needed, including an iPhone if wanted. All vehicle miles driven for business purposes are also fully reimbursable per the federal mileage rate.
If you are motivated, organized, and want to hear more about this position then we would like to hear from you! Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com for further consideration.